The people of Holy Cross Lutheran Church have always had a special vision for serving the community and the world. God has blessed us as a congregation with a resource of talents, gifts, dedication, and caring. For this we are truly thankful.
Why Have an Endowment Fund?
An endowment fund is a gift that keeps on giving. The funds contributed to the Holy Cross Mission Endowment Fund are invested so that they may generate income to be used for the designated purposes. This means that over the years your gift will continue to make a difference and provide a lasting expression of your Christian faith.
Who Manages the Fund?
A committee of five members manages the activities of the Fund. All are elected by the congregation. The committee meets at least quarterly to manage assets and distribute income and recognizes and celebrates all gifts to the Fund.
What Will the Income from the Fund Be Used For?
Income or profits from the Fund will be distributed to extend the life and mission of the Church. The distribution shall enhance the mission outreach of this congregation and shall specifically accomplish the following purposes:
· To the mission of the ELCA including global mission and new congregational development.
- Direct gift of Cash, Stock or Investment Assets.
- Through your Will or Living Trust, naming a specific amount or designated asset to support the church’s mission and possibly save estate/income taxes.
- Designate the Holy Cross Mission Endowment Fund as beneficiary of your life insurance policy.
- Naming the Holy Cross Mission Endowment Fund as beneficiary on tax deferred investments.
- Consider utilizing the IRA Qualified Charitable Distribution (QCD) options for taking advantage of Tax-Free gifts after age 70-1/2, a tax-saving option.
How Do I Make a Cash Gift?
Your gift may be payable to:
Holy Cross Lutheran Church
1918 Garfield St.
Beatrice, NE 68310
You are encouraged to consult your financial advisor and/or estate planner.